Move in day was one of the happiest days of their lives. Phillip pushed in the last of the cardboard boxes filled with their belongings into the open living room. He couldn't believe that they had finally moved out of that tiny apartment in the city and had their own home! Plus, it was located in a nice neighborhood in a nice location. Newcrest was blossoming with new opportunities for the both of them!
Michele placed her hands on her hips and smiled big as she looked around at the empty space in the new home. It already had a full bathroom, dining set, and kitchen available to them. It was pretty hard to pass up after seeing the sales advertisement! Phillip pulled a stool over, sat down, and started ripping open one of the sealed boxes on the floor. He looked up and couldn't help but to smile as he watched his wife move about the empty space, eyeing the walls, the back bedrooms, the bathroom. When she got to the kitchen, she breathed in deeply.
"..Ahh! Yes! This is home. Can't you feel it, darling?! Our own space! I just know good things are going to come around for us!" She giggled and practically skipped back over to him to help unpack their things.
Phillip grinned big. "Yes, of course, honey! That front yard looks a bit unkept. I'm sure you'll put that green thumb of yours to use, and you have plenty of room in the kitchen there to practice making your meals. Your food is delicious! I know you will nail that job interview tomorrow!"
Michele couldn't stop the giddiness from overflowing within her and was struck by a small fit of giggles as she grabbed some things from some boxes and moved into the kitchen. She quickly turned back to her husband and pointed her finger at him, matter-of-factly, "Don't forget that you will have opportunities too! I know how you are about your programming and being able to get into the video game business is kind of hard to do! You've already got a small following from your streams! I know you can do this! I know we can do this!"
Phillip stood up and moved over to his wife as her words touched him to his core. There was nothing better than the feeling of having the one he loved to believe in him and wanted what was best for him! "Yes, yes, of course! I have faith in us both that we will get through all of this, no matter what. Oh, how I love you dearly. I don't think I could go through with any of this if it wasn't for you! I love you, Michele!"
The last few weeks had flown by so quickly for the couple. Michele had taken the time to put her gardening skills to the test and soon, their front yard was filled with herbs and a variety of fruits and vegetables. Some plants were even a bit strange! Phillip was very weary of one plant in particular, in which Michele merely laughed and waved her hand at him. "Oh, don't worry! He's perfectly harmless! Look at how he's just a big, squishy baby!" The gigantic cow plant grunted and growled, its' makeshift bell on its' large stemmed neck jangling happily, as Michele scratched in under its' chin.
"O-okay! If you say so, honey!" Phillip smiled and laughed nervously. He decided he was just going to let her deal with this on her own and get back to his work of programming, hacking, and play-testing video games. Every once in a while, he did take a small job here and there around town. Also, his handiness was well needed as it seemed the house had a few fixer-uppers. All the better to upgrade and keep them in good shape!
Not only did Michele keep up with her gardening, she found the time to hone her cooking skills, pushing herself to become better and better! Every night there was a new dish and every night Phillip would always give her the praise and confidence she needed to continue on!
It wasn't before too long, Michele came bursting into the house one evening after getting home from work. She ran to her husband and hugged him tightly, causing them to twirl around.
"Honey! I did it! I got my first promotion! My boss wants to have a business dinner with me, but I don't want to go by myself. Will you come with me? I think I told him that I'd love for you to be there, and he agreed!" Michele was practically bouncing on the tips of her toes with excitement.
Phillip couldn't help but chuckle and came over to comfort and love on his wife as she bounced up against him happily. He embraced her and held her to him. "I will always go where you want me to be. I will be happy to meet your boss and love to hear what will be in store for you, my darling!"
So, together, they both went out to meet Michele's boss to discuss what the future would hold for her.
During the meal and after the brief, friendly introductions, Michele leaned over and squeezed Phillip's hand. "I know this is a lot for you to take in right now, but I just want you to know that I want to know how everything on your end is holding up. Is your programming going well? Have you had any luck with your gaming?" A worried look came over her face as they conversed together while her boss talked with the waiter for a moment. There was a possibility he was about to order some cocktails.
Phillip leaned over towards his wife and kissed her cheek. He gave her a reassuring smile. "I've been doing very well, my love. There's no need to worry. I've and the opportunity to mod one of the games I've played and am working on honing my programming skills. In fact, I have a small job to go do tomorrow, so I hope you won't be worried when you get home, just in case I'm not home yet. It isn't too big of a job, but it's going to help." He squeezed her hand reassuringly and motioned for her to turn her attention back to their host.



No comments:
Post a Comment